David is the Director of our training and development company, The Learning Factor, helping organisations and their people build and excel in the skills needed for today’s changing workplace.
Specialising in leadership and culture, he brings decades of blue-chip experience and a strong hospitality background from former Retail Director and People Director roles.
A natural and effective trainer, David set up his own training company in 2000 focused on supporting the hospitality industry; particularly building leadership capability and running motivational programmes for individuals and teams.
Projects worked on
- Part of the Hospitality National Skills Academy to help prepare the industry for the London Olympics.
- Played a key role in developing a well-being measurement programme, designed to support employees and optimise performance.
- Successful development of an ‘Emotional Balance’ theory, examining the relationship between leaders and their people to achieve optimised performance, and used by boards and execs to help improve experience, engagement and retention within their companies.
- Non-executive director assignments.
- Leadership training
- Company culture development
- A practical approach to management of well-being
- Coaching, mentoring and personal development
- Performance reviews and optimisation
- Motivational skills
- Behavioural intelligence
- Emotional balance
- Communication skills
- Investing in the Individual
Companies worked for: –
Include the Hospitality National Skills Academy, La Tasca Restaurants Group, Grand Metropolitan Plc and Whitbread Plc.