Ruth has spent most of her career in hospitality and leisure so is well used to fast-paced, customer facing environments. She has undertaken operational, strategic and project-based HR roles and works with leaders to understand their challenges, the culture and the outcomes they are looking for from HR interventions.
She works across all HR areas; ER, restructures, TUPE, projects, recruitment, development, team surveys, creating 360 programmes and has a passion for coaching those new to leaderships roles.
She works closely with a number of small business clients supporting all of their people needs and specialises in setting up people frameworks for growing businesses.
Projects worked on
- Team survey design, delivery and follow up focus groups for a holiday business.
- Large scale restructure and redundancy exercises
- Design of team life cycle for small and medium business; creating values driven life cycle from attraction through to exit
- Insights delivery and coaching across senior teams
- Design of 360 degree feedback programme and coaching for individuals
- Business restructures
- Succession planning
- Business downsizing & redundancies
- People strategies for small and medium businesses
- Employee relations & tricky employment law situations
- Compromise agreements & exit strategies
- Writing legal/company policies & procedures
- Mentoring – including design and delivery of in-house mentoring schemes
- Changing terms & conditions
- Coaching specialises in those new to leadership roles
- Developing review processes that fit business need and culture
- Psychometrics; Insights, DISC, SHL
- Team survey creation and design
- Designing and delivering HR training
- Competency framework design
- Design of 360 feedback programmes
Companies worked for Her clients include: HF Holidays, Siblu Holidays, Blue Apple Contract Catering Limited, Homebase and a variety of small businesses.