Jo has spent most of her career within Hospitality but additionally benefits from a background in Construction, Insurance and Law – the understanding and experience she has gained from each sector enables her to understand the needs and demands of a number of different sectors whilst being able to lend herself to the cultures and values that flow from these businesses.
Having worked at every level of HR, she not only understands each aspect from start to finish but additionally the impact engagement and a strategically led people plan can have on a business commercially. Working at each level has ensured she has excellent communication skills, building strong relationships with staff, managers and directors alike, having been invited to sit on the board as Corporate Social Responsibility Director, Jo is looking to expand on this experience with a more holistic view on HR, Wellbeing, Social & Legal Responsibilities.
Jo has a depth of knowledge in ER, loves training and coaching leadership teams, building employer brands and is becoming a dab hand with immigration project planning.
Projects worked on
- Effective engagement survey project, increased overall engagement from 58% to 82% overall in a 12 month period
- Culture and Values impact, whilst in construction with a clear strategy reduced H & S risk to employees, business & public overall in regards to Drug & Alcohol culture from 35% failure to 5% failure in 18 months
- Leadership Training & development programme linked to DISC Profiling interrogating mental health, communication, 360 feedback, Employment Law and Performance Management.
- Right to work auditing followed by implementing processes and training to improve compliance.
- Support, advice and guidance for disciplinary, grievance and tribunal.
- Engagement/Culture & Values
- Reward & Recognition
- Employee communication
- People Planning & Strategy development to completion
- Coaching & Leadership programmes
- Crisis Management
- Mental Health wellbeing
- Business restructures
- Right to Work and Immigration
- HR auditing and compliance assessments
- Settlement agreements and exits
- Employee Relations work including disciplinary, grievance and tribunal
Companies worked for Her clients include: Wagamama, Gaucho & Byron Hamburgers to name a few.