Founder & CEO of The People Factor HR Consultancy, Karen has spent her entire career as an HR specialist within the hospitality and leisure industries.
As both an international consultant and a long-time HR Director, she seen first-hand, how complex and challenging HR can be for organisations and their people – particularly, when company mergers, acquisitions and restructures are involved – and how the right specialist support makes all the difference to the end outcomes.
As well as knowing what it’s like to manage the people aspects of these changes, she also know what it feels like to be merged, acquired and moved around.
That’s why to her, HR’s about solving and fixing people challenges and helping prevent people mistakes from being made. It’s about getting organisations through difficult times and coming up with practical and realistic ways to deal with situations that can sometimes appear insurmountable.
And, ultimately, it’s the reason Karen does what she does: to help organisations get their HR right so that they can grow and change in a way that works for everyone.
With more than 30 years successful experience, she has witnessed, managed and resolved most issues an HR Director can ever have to encounter!
Projects worked on
- Karen deals with confidential, senior-level exits, sensitive re organisations and disposals of non-core parts of the business.
- Karen deals with integration of acquiring companies, involving due diligence exercises, TUPE of employees, restructuring of business brands, closure of sites, retraining of employees into new business systems, harmonisation of terms & conditions, restructuring personnel into new teams.
- Karen is also an expert in providing Right to Work audits, implementing processes to improve Right to Work compliance, representing companies with the Home Office to acquire A* rating, and providing immigration advice to avoid legal issues.
- Karen is also an Enterprise Business Mentor for The Prince’s Trust, providing one to one mentoring support to young adults setting up their businesses – Empowering them to make their own decisions around their business.
- Karen specialises in guiding organisations through difficult situations, and helps businesses shape for growth and change by restructuring, designing talent programmes, mentoring, creating the right resourcing plans, writing legal policies & procedures, handling TUPE & Integration projects and ensuring employment legislation pitfalls are avoided
- Organisational design
- Due diligence for acquisitions and disposals
- Business restructures
- Succession planning
- Business downsizing & redundancies
- People strategies for business growth
- Talent management
- Right to Work projects
- Immigration specialist
- Sponsorship/ Tier 2 Sponsorship & Visa expert advisor
- Apprenticeship set up & use of levy
- Employee relations & tricky employment law situations
- Settlement agreements & exit strategies
- Writing legal/company policies & procedures
- Mentoring – including Prince’s Trust Business Mentoring
- Business integration
- Harmonisation of terms & conditions
- Health & Safety, Crisis management, including anti-terrorism guidance
- Create compensation & benefits packages to suit the business needs
- Employment law tendering
- International HR Qualified
Companies worked for: –
Her clients include: Casual Dining Group, Burger King UK, Drake & Morgan, Corney & Barrow, Beds & Bars Group, A2Dominion, Wagamama, Elliotts PR, Fortnum & Mason, Covent Garden Restaurants, Lifespace, Prezzo, Vapiano, Studio Ilse, UKHospitality and Parkdean Resorts.