Jeremy has over 15 years of HR experience covering a number of sectors including Hospitality & Leisure, Finance & Insurance, and FMCG holding various positions, from his current role as HRD Consultant for The People Factor and Burger King UK to previous roles as HRD for Cafe Rouge, Head of HR for Homeserve and Head of HR for The Spirit Group. During his career he has covered a number of specialisms including Employee Relations, Talent Management & Resourcing, Reward, Recognition, L&D and Employee Engagement. Jeremy has also undertaken a number of corporate projects such as acting as HR lead during the demerger of Punch & Spirit Group and establishing HR processes and policies in a start up environment. Always commercially focused, he has partnered with many functions in organisations including Operations, Marketing, Commercial, Finance & Property.
Projects worked on
- The project management and delivery of all people related elements to a PE backed start up, encompassing areas such as Organisation Design, TUPE, Policy and Process development and establishing an employee offer from design of contracts/ T&C’s to establishing a range of benefits and their implementation.
- The design and delivery of an employee engagement strategy for a FTSE listed leisure/ hospitality company, resulting in a listing in the Sunday Times & Best Companies. The project reduced employee turnover and increased core stability metrics, enabling the retention of key talent.
- The development and implementation of refreshed employer brand for a large casual dining company. The project included high levels of employee involvement via focus groups and employee surveys alongside thorough industry and best practice benchmarking. The project resulted in the implementation of a revised careers website, a new approach to reward and recognition and refreshed recruitment, attraction and on boarding techniques.
- Organisational design
- Due diligence for acquisitions and disposals
- Business restructures
- Succession planning
- Business downsizing & redundancies
- People strategies for business growth
- Talent management
- Apprenticeship set up & use of levy
- Employee relations & tricky employment law situations
- Compromise agreements & exit strategies
- Writing legal/company policies & procedures
- Business integration
- Harmonisation of terms & conditions
- Health & Safety, Crisis management, including anti-terrorism guidance
- Create compensation & benefits packages to suit the business needs
- Employment engagement strategies
- Employer branding
Companies worked for His clients include: A2 Dominion, Covent Garden Restaurants and Burger King UK to name a few.