Right to Work (Immigration) Training
‘Right to Work’ is an increasing concern for businesses, with the risk of fines and PR headaches for HR professionals who have to know immigration legislation, its practical impact on the workforce and how it clashes with employment law legislation. This course helps you navigate your way through how to handle Right to Work issues, by giving simple, practical advice and tools for you to use in your workplace.
Why this training course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know the documents required to employ people from EEA and other countries.
- Understand how immigration legislation impacts the employment cycle.
- Know the right to work rules.
- Employment law versus Immigration law issues.
- Understand Settled Status due to Brexit.
What will you learn?
- How to carry out right to work checks.
- How to interpret the Home Office Checklist.
- How to use the Employer Checking Service.
- Be aware of penalties and how to avoid them.
- How to object to a civil penalty.
- How to terminate an employee with no RTW.
- Understand the different visas.
- The requirements of a Tier 2 visa.
- How to identify fraudulent documents.
- How to use an on line checking system – RTW Checker.
Who should do this course?
Anyone who is responsible for hiring employees.
Next Course Dates
Contact us to find out next dates